In 1965 Roger Kynard Erickson penned his most famous composition, “You’re Gonna Miss Me”. Originally recorded with a group called The Spades, lyricist and jug player Tommy Hall heard it and invited him to join (and record) a version with Texas garage rock/psychedelic band The 13th Floor Elevators. Roky Erickson and the Elevators became a national sensation in 1966, with a renewed interest in the 80’s when the “Nuggets” collection included the hit. His legacy continues in person at Don Quixote’s in Felton on Wednesday, August 21st. Showtime is 9 pm.
- Seabright Stringfest Apr 24th-26thApril 24, 2015 - 1:08 pm
- MOON BLOCK presents fourth annual Desert Daze Festival!April 21, 2015 - 2:40 pm
- New World Charts-mid AprilApril 21, 2015 - 2:23 pm
- Fri Apr 24: Jordan, Jesse, Go! Live in Santa CruzApril 21, 2015 - 5:18 am
- Programmer of the Month: Jacob Block (Brickfrog)April 21, 2015 - 1:57 am