In 1965 Roger Kynard Erickson penned his most famous composition, “You’re Gonna Miss Me”. Originally recorded with a group called The Spades, lyricist and jug player Tommy Hall heard it and invited him to join (and record) a version with Texas garage rock/psychedelic band The 13th Floor Elevators. Roky Erickson and the Elevators became a national sensation in 1966, with a renewed interest in the 80’s when the “Nuggets” collection included the hit. His legacy continues in person at Don Quixote’s in Felton on Wednesday, August 21st. Showtime is 9 pm.
- Quasimoto (Ka•wah•zee•moh•toe)February 5, 2016 - 4:17 pm
- KZSC Presents Surfer Blood & CayucasFebruary 4, 2016 - 10:32 pm
- Feb 4: Hawaiian Musical Greats at The Rio TheatreFebruary 2, 2016 - 11:58 am
- Nottz: RawJanuary 27, 2016 - 4:09 pm
- The Donkeys and Jackie Zealous at The Crepe Place 1/28January 26, 2016 - 5:52 pm