In 1965 Roger Kynard Erickson penned his most famous composition, “You’re Gonna Miss Me”. Originally recorded with a group called The Spades, lyricist and jug player Tommy Hall heard it and invited him to join (and record) a version with Texas garage rock/psychedelic band The 13th Floor Elevators. Roky Erickson and the Elevators became a national sensation in 1966, with a renewed interest in the 80’s when the “Nuggets” collection included the hit. His legacy continues in person at Don Quixote’s in Felton on Wednesday, August 21st. Showtime is 9 pm.
- Now you can listen to KZSC on your scheduleApril 15, 2015 - 4:41 pm
- Upcoming Interviews: The RelationshipApril 14, 2015 - 5:58 pm
- HGMNY & Oscillate Me presents Flow-Fi Showcase @ f8April 14, 2015 - 3:28 pm
- Jazz Charts and Adds – 2nd Week of AprilApril 13, 2015 - 8:20 pm
- Here comes Record Store Day!April 10, 2015 - 10:36 pm