In 1971 the band played a four night run at New York’s Academy of Music that culminated in a powerhouse New Years Eve show. In 71′ the tightest band in rock n’ roll was at an apex, ripping through their extensive repertoire. Recordings of this run were originally released in 1972 as the double LP “Rock of Ages,” but now the shows are getting the just in time for the holidays box set treatment. The five disc set includes many never before released versions of Band classics including the entire New Years Eve set which features a visit from old bandleader Bob Dylan himself. At this time Dylan was just beginning to step back into the spotlight after his 1966 motorcycle accident, and his presence here is the kind of the thing that makes history major rock nerds like myself giddy.
- Rock Charts – 1st Week of September!September 2, 2014 - 11:13 am
- RPM Charts – Beginning of September!September 2, 2014 - 10:05 am
- Groundation’s Harrison Stafford interviewed by DJ TiffanyAugust 28, 2014 - 6:02 pm
- Rock Charts – Last Week of August!August 28, 2014 - 10:40 am
- Students! Join our Environmental News teamAugust 27, 2014 - 3:41 pm