One of America’s greatest, most influential, and legendary cult bands, Flamin’ Groovies came out of the San Francisco area in 1965 playing greasy, bluesy, rock & roll dashed with a liberal sprinkling of British Invasion noise. Caught in a double bind of playing the wrong kind of music at the wrong time (as well as not looking the part), the Groovies were almost completely forgotten as the Fillmore/Avalon Ballroom scene spotlighted long jams and psychedelia. Flaming Groovies fame spread abroad with a larger, more enthusiastic following in Europe while the punk movement began. “Shake Some Action” with the Groovies Friday, April 25th at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz. Showtime is 9 pm. The Groggs will open.
- Rock Charts – Last Week of FebruaryFebruary 25, 2015 - 12:09 pm
- New World- charts for end of FebruaryFebruary 24, 2015 - 1:04 pm
- RPM Charts – End of FebruaryFebruary 24, 2015 - 11:00 am
- Hip-Hop Charts February 24, 2015February 23, 2015 - 2:55 pm
- Jazz Charts 3rd week of FebruaryFebruary 20, 2015 - 7:37 pm