One of America’s greatest, most influential, and legendary cult bands, Flamin’ Groovies came out of the San Francisco area in 1965 playing greasy, bluesy, rock & roll dashed with a liberal sprinkling of British Invasion noise. Caught in a double bind of playing the wrong kind of music at the wrong time (as well as not looking the part), the Groovies were almost completely forgotten as the Fillmore/Avalon Ballroom scene spotlighted long jams and psychedelia. Flaming Groovies fame spread abroad with a larger, more enthusiastic following in Europe while the punk movement began. “Shake Some Action” with the Groovies Friday, April 25th at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz. Showtime is 9 pm. The Groggs will open.
- Anderson .Paak – YES LORDFebruary 10, 2016 - 4:27 pm
- Ticket Giveaway of the Week: Wobbleland 2016 Music Festival!February 9, 2016 - 1:48 am
- KZSC’s Closet Free Radio Wins Lifetime Achievement Award!February 8, 2016 - 11:26 am
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor at the Fox Theater: KZSC Show ReviewsFebruary 8, 2016 - 10:00 am
- Quasimoto (Ka•wah•zee•moh•toe)February 5, 2016 - 4:17 pm