The Original Wailers recently released a five song album named Miracle that, “recreates the true sound of Bob Marley and The Wailers.” The “Original” name is somewhat misleading since guitarist Al Anderson remains the only performer from the mid-1970′s Wailers, a band several line-ups removed from the Marley/Bunny Wailer/Peter Tosh “Wailing Wailers”. Performances by groups like these carry the power of nostalgia with them; aged adults love to revisit “their glory days” via music idols (now aged themselves) from their youth. And it more often than not works because music is timeless-it flows into the past and into the future. Old influences alter future trends. As they say in Jamaica, “There is no fruit without the root”. So you’re too young to remember the original Wailers? Listen to The (new) Original Wailers album or better yet, seem them perform live to catch that mid-70′s reggae vibe…again. The Original Wailers will be performing during the U.S. Grand Prix event July 20th at the Mazda Raceway in Laguna Seca.
- In case you missed it: What is Community Radio?August 1, 2014 - 7:08 am
- Summer music sale, Sat Aug 30July 31, 2014 - 1:03 pm
- The Memories interviewed by Brandon K (DJ Sandwich)July 30, 2014 - 12:09 pm
- Juan Wauters interview with Brandon K (DJ Sandwich)July 30, 2014 - 11:19 am
- Programmer of the Month: Keith RozendalJuly 25, 2014 - 12:33 pm