Prepare to be transported to a tropical paradise in your mind as Barry Flanagan and Ron Kuala’au, collectively known as Hapa, return to Santa Cruz. Hapa founder Barry Flangan provides the shimmering guitar work that infuses all their albums over the years, from the first one simply entitled “HAPA” with co-founder Keli’i Kaneali’i to “In The Name Of Love” which featured a cover of the famous song by U2. Fun Fact: U2 composed “In The Name Of Love” while in Honolulu. Hapa appears at The Rio Theatre Saturday, April 27th. Showtime is 8 pm. The music also inspires hula, so watch for the graceful beauty.
- Concert review: Lil B at the Catalyst AtriumDecember 18, 2014 - 12:19 pm
- KZSC’s Muzikal Jewz presents… Hanukah Rocks!December 16, 2014 - 10:13 am
- Five O’clock Rock: by Art O’SullivanDecember 11, 2014 - 3:48 pm
- Review of The Birthday Massacre’s “Superstition”December 7, 2014 - 5:40 pm
- New world charts-Beginning of DecemberDecember 3, 2014 - 12:32 pm