“It is not every day that three artists from different worlds, but who speak a common language, come together for a tour. This used to happen a lot in the 60′s and 70′s but not as much today. It should be real fun and you can bet filled with many surprises.” Iconic folk-blues legend Taj Mahal, performing with The Taj Mahal Trio, will headline an evening celebrating the global influence of American blues music as seen from three very diverse points of view and three international points of origin. Taj will be joined by legendary South African guitarist/vocalist Vusi Mahlasela and Fredericks Brown, a soul/R&B band that features Taj’s daughter, Deva Mahal, who hails from New Zealand. This tour,will be the first time these artists have performed all together on one stage. Taj Mahal’s “World Blues Tour” comes to the Rio Theatre in Santa Cruz Saturday, October 5th. Showtime is 8 pm.
- Bay Area Black Metal Band Cormorant Streaming New Album “Earth Diver”April 18, 2014 - 10:00 am
- Seabright Stringfest April 19thApril 16, 2014 - 12:55 pm
- Family Photo takes Indie Rock to New Musical Heights on Debut AlbumApril 16, 2014 - 10:00 am
- The Jazz Charts: 3rd Week of AprilApril 15, 2014 - 2:46 pm
- Mornings On KZSCApril 15, 2014 - 2:01 pm