The multiple Grammy Award winning Cajun band BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet will be playing for a dance at Don Quixote’s International Music Hall in Felton, CA at 7pm on Sunday, June 29, 2014. Native Acadian fiddler Michael Doucet has spearheaded this band for the past 37 years, with styles ranging from straight forward traditional tunes and songs from the heart of Louisiana to dance music blending elements of Cajun and Zydeco with some New Orleans jazz, country, and blues. Their recently released CD “From Bamako to Carencro” traces a connection between the West African music of Mali and the suburbs of Lafayette, Louisiana with creatively joyful dance music. Get your dancing shoes ready for an evening of pulsating fun.
Dance to the Creole and Zydeco music of Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys tonight, Wed July 31, 2013 at Don Quixote’s in Felton, CA at 7:30pm. Jeffery is a master of traditional style Creole and Zydeco music as learned from the legendary Canray Fontenot and Jeffery’s famed accordion-playing dad, Delton Broussard, that few performers highlight today. At the age of 8, Jeffery played drums in his dad’s band. Now fronting his own band, Jeffery sings and plays old-style button accordion, newer piano-key accordion and acoustic fiddle and enthusiastically works to pass the joy of traditional music on to younger generations. The band also puts its own spin on contemporary Zydeco style music, so there’ll be plenty of rhythm for dancing.
- TOKiMONSTA ticket giveawaySeptember 19, 2014 - 2:20 pm
- Rose’s “Most Impossible Secret Dream” wrapping up after 29 yearsSeptember 18, 2014 - 5:13 pm
- RPM Charts – Mid-SeptemberSeptember 18, 2014 - 11:41 am
- Charts and Adds: Second Week of SeptemberSeptember 17, 2014 - 2:25 pm
- Rose’s “Most Impossible Secret Dream” wrapping up after 29 yearsSeptember 10, 2014 - 9:50 am