About Keith Rozendal
Keith is trained as a reporter on science and medicine. He also picked up plenty of noncommercial, college radio experience while training as a social and political psychologist. Some of his stepping stones include KPFT and KTRU in Houston, KCSB in Santa Barbara, and Big Picture Science, produced at the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence Institute.
Entries by Keith Rozendal
Did you miss this video of LiKWUiD?
Keep an eye on KZSC’s facebook page with a quick like!
We just added KZSC stickers and one-of-a-kind handmade KZSC buttons and newly re-issued 88 point 1 tee shirts in all sizes to our website. It’s not too late to grab some of these limited edition items as a thank you for your donation to KZSC. We’ll put your gift to work, activating our volunteers and listener-sponsored studios to bring you the best local arts, culture, and news from the Monterey Bay!
Don’t forget, the Fall Fundraiser that starts Tuesday October 11th – show us you care about creative community radio with a donation!
On September 7th, KZSC spoke with 1960s pop legends, The Zombies. It was hours before their show at The Catalyst that they visited our studios. Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone shared the story of the founding and dissolution of the Zombies and traced some of the impact that British jazz and choral music had on their songwriting and performing. Listen to hear that and a lot more!
On August 26, Carol from KZSC’s Test of Time spoke with prolific guitarist Larry Coryell who pioneered the progressive jazz fusion movement, integrating free form jazz with elements of rock, rhythm and blues. Larry reflects on the vibrant music scene during the sixties and the first time he heard Jimi Hendrix. Other highlights include Larry’s diverse interest in music, the reunion of The Free Spirits and the first new studio album for The Eleventh House since 1976.
- Dirtybird Campout: Summer Camp in OctoberOctober 11, 2017 - 11:55 am
- DJ Shellheart interview w/ RIZ aka RSD @ 6th Annual Hiero Day 2017 (9.4.17)September 28, 2017 - 4:03 pm
- INTERVIEWS: LIFE OUT OF BALANCE – Belgian band We Stood Like Kings Releases New Koyaanisqatsi SoundtrackSeptember 27, 2017 - 10:00 am
- Top Songs for Dirtybird Campout: October 2017September 25, 2017 - 8:53 pm
- Monica Kim Garza: Food, Culture, and Creating Art from Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 24, 2017 - 8:08 pm