Music is the cultural bundle package. It defined the identity of post-war social movements and their countercultures; it also acts as a commodity consciously bought, sold, and made marketable to prospective general audiences in the form of fads or trends. Why do certain elements of pop music persist in their popularity? Why do others become dated […]
About Program Director
She paints pictures, wears pink outfits, and writes refrigerator poetry.
Entries by Program Director
Big thanks to Cassandra, KZSC’s guest columnist for covering the 2012 Outside Lands Festival. OUTSIDE LANDS 2012 by Cassandra Cronin Enter the wooded field of San Francisco’s largest urban park between the dates of August 10th through the 12th, and if you haven’t already lost your footing on a tangle of roots under […]
KZSC’s brand new zine, Anonymous Caller, is accepting submissions until October 22nd.
I’m making my way via automobile up to Oregon for a mini-vacation. Nothing too lavish—I’ll be gone less than a week and still be in a separate hemisphere than the Bahamas. But it’s just enough time to get away from that plague of the everyday here in Surf City, where others come to get away. If you haven’t had […]
KZSC’s spending some quality time outdoors in the sun with, potentially, the next generation of radio mega-stars. July is filled with New Student Orientation events at UCSC; incoming freshmen (and their parents) come to the campus for orientation events and to register for classes. The Great 88 has set up camp to offer up trinkets […]
This week’s podcast features a talk by Gangaji.
- The Growlers: A Look at Brooks Nielsen, his opinion on festivals, and how Ellen DeGeneres became their number one fan.February 22, 2017 - 9:10 pm
- Highway 17 LandslidesFebruary 16, 2017 - 9:00 am
- Tycho at Treasure Island Music FestivalFebruary 11, 2017 - 1:50 pm
- Cherry Glazerr: Sold out show at the Catalyst 2/12February 11, 2017 - 9:12 am
- SOB X RBE Interview & Concert Review by riz aka djrsd of KZSC Santa CruzFebruary 9, 2017 - 7:21 pm