Ballake Sissoko & Vincent Segal will be performing at the First Congregational Church of Santa Cruz at 8 pm on Saturday, March 16th. Sissoko is a Malian Kora player; Segal is a French cellist. The fusion of the two resulted in a collaboration of soothing chamber music featured on their newest album, “At Peace”. NPR refers to “At Peace” as “the most beautiful world music record of the decade”. Find out for yourself March 16th.
This and next month are full of African and African-influenced music events in Santa Cruz. Tuesday the 19th, world fusion band Toubab Krewe will perform at Moe’s Alley. Toubab Krewe specializes in upbeat instrumentals that draw from African blues, rock, folk, and so much more. Some of the instruments used are the Kora, electric guitar, Djembe, and fiddle. This 21+ event will also feature New World Ape and Shovelman. The music starts at 8:30 pm; doors open at 8.
- Ab-Soul at the Catalyst 05.24.2017 InterviewMay 26, 2017 - 3:00 pm
- Sat June 3: Verve Coffee’s 5th Annual Record SwapMay 25, 2017 - 2:48 am
- Trio Balkan Strings, Santa Cruz House Concert Thurs May 25thMay 23, 2017 - 6:07 pm
- 1-O.A.K. interview w/ riz aka djrsdMay 21, 2017 - 11:13 pm
- KZSC is going to Lighting in a BottleMay 11, 2017 - 10:44 am