Still thinking about Father’s Day? Here’s a song about a father’s love by reggae artist TURBAN X. Fathers are fathers all year long; try to find the time to let them really know how you feel. So along with your words of appreciation, pass along some new reggae music!
Father’s Day came up fast June 16th. My situation involved receiving a small package in the mail from my pops the other day, and inside the cardboard box was a small recyclable doggie-poo bag. Despite that informality, I found gold within this doggie bag – my dad’s radio on-air tapes from the 80’s! My family and myself hail from Sacramento and that’s where dad did radio when he was in his twenties. Quite a trip that we both got into radio at the same time in our lives at the same age. So as I listen to these old cassette tapes, everything about it a total blast from the past; the guy talking on air is my dad and he sounds just like I do now! I decided to take all of these old tapes and convert them to a digital format with my own introductions and commentary between them. The finished product for pops will be all of his analog air checks neatly compiled onto a CD with his own son’s radio voice talking about it! Better than a Hallmark card and golf balls…
Whether your paterfamilias devoted himself to an art, a tough career, a trade or just his family, make sure to recognize him for that. I’m sure he’ll appreciate it more than anything. And tell him you love him too-even if you do that already.
-J Dog; KZSC Jazz Music Director
- This summer in SoCal, HARD Summer is nearJuly 18, 2016 - 7:57 am
- Getting Ready for NorCal’s Enchanted Forest Gathering July 22-24July 10, 2016 - 8:42 pm
- The Pleasure Routine’s new album, “Sugar Mountain” to be released July 1stJune 23, 2016 - 11:02 am
- Wakin on a Pretty Day with Kurt VileJune 20, 2016 - 10:51 pm
- Dance with me until I feel all right-A Night with LCD SoundsystemJune 16, 2016 - 8:26 pm