You can see the problem right here…somewhere. KZSC has turned off our broadcast signal while UC Santa Cruz is doing some electrical work on this box. It’s complicated, so we’ll be off until around 2 PM. Webstream listeners: you’ll still have The Great 88 as company during the outage. Thanks for missing us; we’ll return to the airwaves as fast as we can today ’cause we miss you too!
Friday, September 20th is going to be a dark day at 88.1 FM. One day after this month’s full moon, KZSC will be turning off our broadcast signal starting at 7 AM. UC Santa Cruz is doing some electrical work at our tower site and so we don’t cook someone like a Thanksgiving turkey, we’ll be off until around 2 PM. Webstream listeners: you’ll still have The Great 88 as company during the outage. Thanks for missing us; we’ll return to the airwaves as fast as we can September 20th ’cause we miss you too!
This Friday KZSC will have its plug pulled. As part of a larger electrical project, UC Santa Cruz needs to temporarily cut power to our little cabin in the woods. That means zero webstream signal and a blank spot at 88.1 FM for a while…but not too long. We will go dark (literally) at noon on Friday, June 21st and expect to be back bothering the world again sometime around 6 pm Friday night.
You’re probably listening to KZSC in an Internet cloud right now, but some people still cling to their radios. For those used to hearing The Great 88 at 88. FM, you should know that UC Santa Cruz is doing some electrical upgrades today at our broadcast tower location. We continue to bring music and more into your smart phones, tablets and computers but as far as your radio goes, it will need to wait until around 11 AM today. Thanks for your understanding and for missing us on the dial…
- Dirtybird Campout: Summer Camp in OctoberOctober 11, 2017 - 11:55 am
- DJ Shellheart interview w/ RIZ aka RSD @ 6th Annual Hiero Day 2017 (9.4.17)September 28, 2017 - 4:03 pm
- INTERVIEWS: LIFE OUT OF BALANCE – Belgian band We Stood Like Kings Releases New Koyaanisqatsi SoundtrackSeptember 27, 2017 - 10:00 am
- Top Songs for Dirtybird Campout: October 2017September 25, 2017 - 8:53 pm
- Monica Kim Garza: Food, Culture, and Creating Art from Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 24, 2017 - 8:08 pm