Thousands of readers in Santa Cruz County voted once again for KZSC as their favorite radio station in 2014. It’s nice to know that what we do pleases so many people. Our thanks to Santa Cruz Good Times and those of you who voted for the recognition!
Fonzie, host of the Fonzie Scheme and co-host of the Illest Villains, caught up with J. Lately on Friday, April 18 to ask him a few questions. Check it out!
You can hear J. Lately’s new song “Roses” here:
Check out Fonzie’s shows Monday and Tuesday nights at 10pm for some fresh hip-hop.
The spinning doesn’t stop in April…here’s a hot list of new electronic dance music playing on KZSC:
1. CONRAD CLIFTON – Picture In Picture / Self-Released
2. TENSNAKE – Glow / Astralwerks
3. PANTHER GOD – Golden Changes / Outside
4. EVIAN CHRIST – Waterfall [EP] / Tri Angle
5. SUPER DUPER – Diamonds & Doubt – EP / Apothecary
6. DISCLOSURE – Settle / Cherrytree-Interscope
7. RYAN HEMSWORTH – Guilt Trips / Last Gang
8. SAINT TIIMBRE – Power / Little Friend
9. MACHINEDRUM – Fenris District [EP] / Ninja Tune
10. KI:THEORY – Kitty Hawk Deluxe / Kringer
Other news: great beats & textures on Super Duper’s new EP “Diamonds & Doubt”; Illum Sphere’s new release “Spectre Vex” features remixes from the album “Ghosts of Then and Now” and Dillion Francis headlines UCSC’s first Edge Of Eden Outdoor Festival Saturday, May 10th.
One of America’s greatest, most influential, and legendary cult bands, Flamin’ Groovies came out of the San Francisco area in 1965 playing greasy, bluesy, rock & roll dashed with a liberal sprinkling of British Invasion noise. Caught in a double bind of playing the wrong kind of music at the wrong time (as well as not looking the part), the Groovies were almost completely forgotten as the Fillmore/Avalon Ballroom scene spotlighted long jams and psychedelia. Flaming Groovies fame spread abroad with a larger, more enthusiastic following in Europe while the punk movement began. “Shake Some Action” with the Groovies Friday, April 25th at The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz. Showtime is 9 pm. The Groggs will open.
Are your sales in a slump? It’s a busy time with Mother’s Day, graduations, weddings and the start of tourist season coming. If you’d like some help turning your lemons into lemonade gold, consider becoming a Business Sponsor on KZSC. It’s true: having your message on The Great 88 can squeeze more people into your store. For more information, call us at 831-459-4733 or check our Sponsors Page.
Amy Hanaiali’i was nominated five times for “Best Hawaiian Music Album” at the Grammys but never won. Then they removed the category. She pays it no mind since she has 22 Na Hoku Hanohano awards (Hawaii’s equivalent of the Grammy awards) and is Hawaii’s top selling female vocalist of all time. She’s making a rare appearance in Santa Cruz County at Don Quixote’s in Felton on Wednesday, April 2nd; come find out what a real Hawaiian diva sounds like. Showtime is 7:30 pm; there is no reserved seating so get there early.
- LOUD ROCK JANUARY CHARTSJanuary 16, 2017 - 12:15 pm
- Wobbleland in San Jose: back for 3 days!January 15, 2017 - 6:13 pm
- How the Internet revolutionized the way we consume musicJanuary 4, 2017 - 4:00 pm
- Looking forward to another year at Lightning in a BottleJanuary 4, 2017 - 10:51 am
- Zeds Dead Interview (Halloween Night @ The Catalyst)December 15, 2016 - 5:05 pm