Here’s the inside scoop: all the programming you hear on The Great 88 is masterfully put together on our quarterly schedule by KZSC’s Program Review Committee. The PRC reads over piles of proposals, reviews current shows and offers advice on how to improve programming. It’s a volunteer committee of three students and two community members; they each serve a 12-month term before another KZSC staff member is elected to replace them. This is an unpaid and mostly thankless job, but every quarter when the PRC puts together a new program schedule they do get all the pizza they can eat. If you’d like to pass along any ideas (programming or pizza choices), you can email them at: PRC@kzsc.org. What will they come up with for 2014? Find out during January when KZSC and the PRC reveal our new Winter Program Schedule.
The Great 88 has launched our longest programming quarter of the year. Tastier than deep-fried Twinkies, our summer program schedule features the premiere of a Frank Zappa theme show, modern folk music, “Electric Kool Aid” and tons more. Since the days are longer, many of your long-standing favorites have been given extended timeslots. Take a peek at the outstanding lineup for summer on our SCHEDULE page and let us know what you think!
If our spring program schedule were in a bakery, we’d be headed for the day-old discount bin soon. Hard to imagine that spring is already winding down, but there are a scant six weeks or so left before thoughts of graduation, summer vacations and doing laundry will become reality. Take the time to explore some of the new shows on The Great 88 while you can including a wide variety of late-night offerings. And if you like rockin’ to your old favorites, make sure you let us know.
See the complete current spring lineup on our Schedule Page and unwind with KZSC.
- Dirtybird Campout: Summer Camp in OctoberOctober 11, 2017 - 11:55 am
- DJ Shellheart interview w/ RIZ aka RSD @ 6th Annual Hiero Day 2017 (9.4.17)September 28, 2017 - 4:03 pm
- INTERVIEWS: LIFE OUT OF BALANCE – Belgian band We Stood Like Kings Releases New Koyaanisqatsi SoundtrackSeptember 27, 2017 - 10:00 am
- Top Songs for Dirtybird Campout: October 2017September 25, 2017 - 8:53 pm
- Monica Kim Garza: Food, Culture, and Creating Art from Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 24, 2017 - 8:08 pm