They may slack their guitar strings, but don’t you slack off! Come honor the music and the heritage of Hawai’i at the Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters show with three of the greats: George Kuo, Martin Pahinui and Aaron Mahi. George Kuo is a direct line to the Hawaiian Renaissance of the 1970s, as he brings the experience of playing alongside the guitar masters like Sonny Chillingworth and Raymond Kane. Aaron Mahi has been the longtime director of the famous Honolulu Royal Hawaiian Band. And most fans recognize the Pahinui family name in Hawaiian music. Martin makes you feel like you are at an old style front porch party with musicians trading riffs and vocals. Warm up your winter with three truly great performers at Don Quixote’s in Felton Tuesday, February 18th. Showtime is 7:30 pm.
Attention “Led Heads”! Ledward Kaapana returns to the redwoods with Hawaiian slack key goodness and aloha spirit. Rounding out the sound will be Mike Kaawa on 12 string guitar and Fran Guidry on second slack key. Ledward Kaapana rolls into Don Quixote’s in Felton Tuesday, June 4th. Festivities begin at 7:30.
- The Growlers: A Look at Brooks Nielsen, his opinion on festivals, and how Ellen DeGeneres became their number one fan.February 22, 2017 - 9:10 pm
- Highway 17 LandslidesFebruary 16, 2017 - 9:00 am
- Tycho at Treasure Island Music FestivalFebruary 11, 2017 - 1:50 pm
- Cherry Glazerr: Sold out show at the Catalyst 2/12February 11, 2017 - 9:12 am
- SOB X RBE Interview & Concert Review by riz aka djrsd of KZSC Santa CruzFebruary 9, 2017 - 7:21 pm