Hibernation is an extended period of deep sleep, or torpor, that allows animals to survive winter extremes. KZSC is adopting this strategy as we make way for a New Year; in fact we’ve already starting gaining a few pounds…but that’s another story. Our transmitter tower site needs work, so to accommodate a crane coming in and the job list, KZSC will be “hibernating” starting Friday, December 20th at 4 pm. We will remain off the airwaves at 88.1 FM until Thursday, January 2nd but our webstream, kzsc.org, will remain running during this time. Sorry for the extended absence but we’re already dreaming up cool stuff for 2014. Please check back and hear for yourself!
Our Great 88 “Tower of Power” is what transmits our signal into your car radio, home stereo and sometimes loose dental work. Every now and again, it needs some fixing. Thursday evening, November 7th, is one of those times. KZSC will go dark at 88.1 FM starting at 7 pm tonight. Web listeners: we’ll still be streaming out our musical mix. Radio listeners: our signal will return to the usual around 5 AM Friday morning.
We’re a little busy at KZSC this weekend. We’ve got a tower project that, when completed, should provide a greater signal for The Great 88. In order to finish the job KZSC will be going off the airwaves during the morning of Saturday March 16th until about 4 pm. We will gradually return to our lush 20,000 watts at 88.1 FM by sometime on Sunday. If you suddenly discover KZSC on your radio for the first time, let us know. And if you happen to find our missing Caterpillar, we’d appreciate it back.
- Dirtybird Campout: Summer Camp in OctoberOctober 11, 2017 - 11:55 am
- DJ Shellheart interview w/ RIZ aka RSD @ 6th Annual Hiero Day 2017 (9.4.17)September 28, 2017 - 4:03 pm
- INTERVIEWS: LIFE OUT OF BALANCE – Belgian band We Stood Like Kings Releases New Koyaanisqatsi SoundtrackSeptember 27, 2017 - 10:00 am
- Top Songs for Dirtybird Campout: October 2017September 25, 2017 - 8:53 pm
- Monica Kim Garza: Food, Culture, and Creating Art from Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 24, 2017 - 8:08 pm