Stelth Uvlang, song writing, Lumineer membering, the piano pounding, finger picking bada** has a new album out and just kicked off a solo west coast tour with Gill Landry. He has an upcoming show on November 11th at Don Quixote’s. He has also just moved to Santa Cruz and before he left to kick off his tour he stopped by the studio and chatted about: his new work, inspiration and space time continuums, chord progressions and existential crisis, and ensembles and saving marine life.
It’s the 50 year anniversary of Jefferson Airplane’s formation, and Kaukonen spoke about how he helped developed their distinctive psychedelic sound. Other topics include meeting Janis Joplin, a new composition with Woody Guthrie and memories of the Sticky Wicket in Santa Cruz.
Jorma will be performing two solo acoustic shows at the Kuumbwa Jazz Center on Sunday Nov. 8.
You can catch Fonzie on the Fonzie Scheme every Monday night from 10PM – 12AM.
KZSC is getting up and active on YouTube and social media again. Next, DJ Buzzkill of “The Other 90s” interviews The Frights, a surf-punk band from San Diego. They played the Crepe Place on March 6th, 2015. The interview covers the recent line-up change, the upcoming album, and the band’s love for Sugar Ray!
Interview and concert footage photographed and edited by Brandon Oleksy.
Fonzie caught up with the Grouch to talk about his upcoming show at the Catalyst, his performance in Los Angeles at Camp Flog Gnaw a few weeks ago, and his latest triple-album with Eligh, The Tortoise and The Crow.
You can listen to The Fonzie Scheme every Monday night, 10PM – 12AM!
- “Somebody’s Valentine” – A KZSC Valentine’s Day PlaylistFebruary 14, 2018 - 8:00 am
- West Fest 2018 Performer Application Is Open!February 12, 2018 - 9:33 am
- Dancing to Anxiety — A review of “The House” by PorchesFebruary 8, 2018 - 1:17 pm
- This Is Radio Clash: International Clash Day Feb 7, 2018February 4, 2018 - 8:12 pm
- This Is Radio Clash: International Clash Day Feb 7, 2018February 3, 2018 - 7:59 pm