This week on Talkabout, John has Scott Grover in to talk about the Golden State Theater in Monterey. Also: reporter Steve Palopali on local news.
Bruce’s first guest on Universal Grapevine is Julie James and Marco Baricelli talking about the Jewel Theater‘s two one-act Harold Pinter plays running April 25th through May 19th. In the second half hour, UCSC’s Chris Wilmers discusses the research work on pumas in the Environmental Studies department.
Local LGBT news, community, and calendar announcements.
Although Bleeding Rainbow was not able to come in to the studio for a live interview, KZSC managed to interview Rob Garcia and Sarah Everton from the Philadelphia-based band at the Crepe Place a few minutes right before their show was about to start.
Local poet and therapist, Dane Cervine, joined the crew of Story Time during one profound, insightful conversation to celebrate the release of his new poetry book, How Therapists Dance.
During the interview, Dane shares with us what it’s like being a UCSC alumnus and working with the youth as a therapist and counselor.
Bruce’s first guest is Jennifer Colby talking about this year’s May Day Reel World Labor Film Festival. It’s happening from April 24th through May 8th.
Pat Matecjek will be his guest the second half hour handling many of the political issues around Santa Cruz County.
- RBC Bugzy interview w/ riz aka rsd 6.28.17July 21, 2017 - 9:58 am
- KZSC Exclusive: Mild High Club’s Alex Brettin talks microphones, Chicago jazz, and NPRJuly 21, 2017 - 9:41 am
- RPM’s August Festival: HARD SummerJuly 16, 2017 - 4:10 pm
- Jean-Luc Ponty Interview w/ Test of Time’s DJ Carol!June 23, 2017 - 3:09 pm
- Representation in Media and Music is ImportantJune 13, 2017 - 10:08 am