As the sun peaked through on an otherwise stormy weekend, DJPK sat down and chatted with Scott Hansen, the frontman and creator of ambient electronic band, Tycho. This Treasure Island Music Festival set marked the end of Tycho’s Division Tour and homecoming to the Bay, promoting his Grammy nominated album, Epoch. Scott and DJPK talked about the inspirations of the new album, as well as themes and where the project is headed in the future. Scott will be in Los Angeles with the rest of Tycho tomorrow night to see if Epoch is dubbed Best Electronic Album of the year at the 59th edition of the Grammys.
1. NATURAL CHILD – Dancin’ With Wolves
2. ST. VINCENT – St. Vincent
3. AVA LUNA – Electric Balloon
4. BLACK LIPS – Underneath The Rainbow
5. JESUS SONS – Jesus Sons
6. TACOCAT – NVM
7. PERFECT PUSSY – Say Yes To Love
8. WAR ON DRUGS – Lost In The Dream
9. WARM SODA – Young Reckless Hearts
10. NOTHING – Guilty Of Everything
Top 5 Adds:
I am loving the new Ava Luna album. It’s soooo groovy. It’s like Prince, the Talking Heads, and the Dirty Projectors all thrown into one amazing album. Here’s one of my favorite tracks called Crown. It’s got a great neo-soul kind of vibe.
Scott Hansen, also known as synth ambient electronic music producer Tycho, has just released his second LP. Once strictly a solo project, Tycho has now evolved into a three-piece band providing plenty of energy and euphoria at their live shows. Their debut performance in Santa Cruz will take place at The Catalyst on March 19th. Showtime is 9 pm…or so.
- Review: Kero Kero Bonito – TOTEP (EP)February 22, 2018 - 6:10 pm
- Does RnB Vampire, Trippie Redd, Have a Place in the Hip-Hop Canon?February 22, 2018 - 1:33 pm
- “Somebody’s Valentine” – A KZSC Valentine’s Day PlaylistFebruary 14, 2018 - 8:00 am
- West Fest 2018 Performer Application Is Open!February 12, 2018 - 9:33 am
- Dancing to Anxiety — A review of “The House” by PorchesFebruary 8, 2018 - 1:17 pm