KZSC is still all-abuzz from the exciting conference we just pulled off! We met more than 100 college radio programmers from all over California–sharing ideas and excitement to help us all sound better and better. Jennifer Waits, co-founder of the must-read radio blog Radio Survivor was in attendance and filed this nice write-up.
KZSC recently hosted the UC Radio Network (UCRN) student broadcaster conference, a mostly harmonic convergence of California college radio stations including KDVS/UC Davis, KALX/UC Berkeley, KCSB/UC Santa Barbara, Bobcat Radio/UC Merced and others. We’ve never seen so many Warby Parker glasses and Yo La Tengo shirts in one place before. When you get a bunch of radio goobers together, you can only expect them to goober together. Special thanks to guest speakers medial law attorney Michael Couzens, filmmaker Eric Christensen (“The Cover Story: Album Art“), Eva Papp of Spinitron and UCSC Catering. Take a peek at some of the folks who attended and their opinions on how UCRN benefits college radio – which benefits you as a listener. Make sure to watch it in HD (no special glasses needed).
- This summer in SoCal, HARD Summer is nearJuly 18, 2016 - 7:57 am
- Getting Ready for NorCal’s Enchanted Forest Gathering July 22-24July 10, 2016 - 8:42 pm
- The Pleasure Routine’s new album, “Sugar Mountain” to be released July 1stJune 23, 2016 - 11:02 am
- Wakin on a Pretty Day with Kurt VileJune 20, 2016 - 10:51 pm
- Dance with me until I feel all right-A Night with LCD SoundsystemJune 16, 2016 - 8:26 pm